Monday, May 27, 2013

Jason Watson

Image from Jason's Website
It has been a month since I've thrown. After I finishing the BFA show and applying for residencies, I was pretty wiped out. I've taken some (guilt-free) time to recover. I am definitely ready to get back into art making again. 

I'm technically without a ceramics studio this summer, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. While I had a highly productive year, filled with growth, it was a very difficult year. I was frustrated a lot. I want to cherish this time where I don't have access to a ceramics studio and do a few drawings and paintings.

I stumbled across this artist, Jason Watson, as I was browsing through Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts website. His work is awesome and so inspiring. 

As I have been preparing for my move,  I was able to salvage three large sheets of MDF from some subpar quality Ikea drawers to use as a surface. I'm going to start a piece this week and will post pictures as I make progress.
Image from Jason's Website







No comments:

Post a Comment