Sunday, May 25, 2014

*New Look*

Hi! 

My work has changed directions. It's very refreshing. About a month ago, I spent a day doing my favorite activity ever: testing glazes. No really, I love it. 

Anyhow,  I got some pretty spectacular results from this test. I couldn't believe it. Really though, I have never been so thrilled by a batch of tests before. I just had to use them. I had to showcase them. 

I brought those tiles home with me every evening and back to the studio in the a.m. for 2 weeks straight. #nerd 

I made 1000g batches of 16 glazes.  (paired down from 24) Yep thats right, I am now working with 16 beautiful lush, soft, matte, inviting colors. Every color of the rainbow. Here is a sneak peek at the new look.





 I am using terra cotta, dipped in off white slip and fired to cone 4/5. Smooth, matte, exteriors paired with glossy white interior. This shift has freed myself from some of the frustrations I was having with my abstract, colorful surface I have been developing over the last year or so. More to follow at the end of the week. 

This pic below shows the nice glossy interiors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment